Thursday, September 4, 2008

Anthony James Barnett

Today I am priveleged to introduce Anthony, author of Without Reproach and many articles and short stories. Anthony lives in the U.K.

Anthony, could you comment on your writing process?

I always write directly on my laptop, except when jotting notes if I'm out anywhere. I produce an outline of the story, as a sort of roadmap, before even beginning to write. I then draw up a complete dossier of the central characters, including cutting pictures of suitable people from magazines and pinning them on the wall so I know what they are going to look like.

What prompted you to write your latest book, WITHOUT REPROACH?

Someone I knew, had an unexpected inheritance, and I wondered what might happen if it were taken to an extreme.

Where is your book available from?

I've seen it on online sites in numerous places over the world, including India, Japan, China, Germany, Italy, Sweden, France, South Africa, New Zealand and Australia. It is available on numerous sites including, all Amazon sites, WHSmith, Buy.com and B&N.

Did you have difficulty getting published?

Not this time around. I had difficulty a number of years ago, and so went down the route of short stories to build up a portfolio. Since 1994 I've been published in magazines, international competitions, and summer specials. My stories have been broadcast on primetime radio, and recorded for audio books.

Probably because of this experience, my novel was accepted only a few weeks after it had been submitted.

Would you like to give a very brief outline?

WITHOUT REPROACH is about intrigue, deception, and self-torment, the struggle between the arrogance of man and the inner strength of woman, a story of vivid emotions and dark secrets. Jenny, from middle England, inherits a share in a Spanish hacienda, from an artist, she has never met, never heard of and is not related to. Jenny’s problems begin when she discovers a nude painting of herself in the entrance hall. Her problems are compounded when the artist’s half brother learns of her inheritance.

For more information and extracts from Without Reproach check my website. You can also find me on my blog ajbarnett-story.blogspot.com or anthonyjamesbarnett.blogspot.com or the website at anthonyjamesbarnett.blogspot.com


Thanks so much for your time today, Anthony.